Wanting to do it all.
Senior Cecelia Parks' list of activities and accomplishments is a bit breathtaking.
- She spent Short Term of her first year interning in the archives of the Roanoke City Library.
- A first-year seminar paper she wrote, "Representing the Portrayal of Pilgrims in Elementary History Textbooks and the Myth of the Founding of the American Nation," was published in the inaugural edition of Papers & Publications, an interdisciplinary journal of undergraduate research.
- She's had papers accepted to the Mid-Atlantic Conference of Undergraduate Studies at Sweet Briar College the past two years.
- She studied in London during the spring term of her junior year, where she interned at the City of Westminster Archives.
- She's been a standout rider for Hollins and is serving as copresident of the riding club.
- She's in the Batten Leadership Institute’s certificate program.
- As a senior, she served as the student success leader for the first-year seminar War and Peace: Exploring Religion and Ethics Within Global Conflicts and Democratic Movements.
- She was selected as the 2014 ODAC Equestrian Scholar-Athlete of the Year.
Oh—and she blogs for Hollins when she's not reading, baking, or contra dancing.
Read Cecelia's blog. »
Hometown: Bridgewater, Virginia
Majors: History and political science