Meet the Hollins Abroad admission officer
Lauren joined Hollins University in September 2012. As the Hollins Abroad admission officer, she recruits students to participate in the Hollins Abroad programs in Paris and London, assists visiting students throughout the application process, and develops and manages successful relationships with institutional partners.
Lauren earned a B.A. in psychology from the University of Toledo and an M.A. in international training and education from American University in Washington, D.C. She first discovered her zeal for international education while studying abroad in Wiesbaden, Germany, and subsequently participated in a study-abroad program at La Universidad de Castilla-La Mancha in Toledo, Spain. In graduate school, she interned abroad in the Office of International Affairs at Sookmyung Women's University in Seoul, South Korea.
Before joining Hollins, Lauren was an intern in the Office of Overseas Studies at Georgetown University, where she acquired comprehensive knowledge about managing study-abroad programs. Lauren loves working with students and is passionate about increasing access to study abroad.
Lauren's Fall 2013 Travel Schedule
- Friday, Aug 30 (5-8 pm): "Get On Board Day" at North Carolina Wesleyan
- Thursday, Sept 5 (11-2): The Catholic University of America Study Abroad Fair
- Monday, Sept 9: Classroom visits and tabling at Rollins College
- Thursday, Sept 12 (11-2): Saint Peter's University Study Abroad Fair
- Tuesday, Sept 17: Mary Baldwin College Study Abroad Fair
- Thursday, Sept 19: Lynchburg Study Abroad Fair (10:30-2) and Randolph College Study Abroad Fair
- Tuesday, Sept 24 (11-4): Wake Forest University Study Abroad Fair
- Wednesday, Sept 25 (11-3): Carnegie Mellon University Study Abroad Fair
- Thursday, Sept 26: James Madison University Study Abroad Fair
- Tuesday, Oct 15 – Friday, Oct 18: NAFSA Region I Conference, Spokane, WA
- Tuesday, Oct 22 – Friday, Oct 25: NAFSA Region II Conference, Bozeman, MT
- Sunday, Oct 27 – Wednesday, Oct 30: NAFSA Region X Conference, Atlantic City, NJ
- Sunday, Nov 3 – Tuesday, Nov 5: NAFSA Bi-regional Conference (V & VI), Indianapolis, IN
- Wednesday, Nov 13 – Saturday, Nov 16: NAFSA Region XIII Conference, Pittsburgh, PA
- Wednesday, Nov 20 – Saturday, Nov 23: CIEE Annual Conference, Minneapolis, MN
Please feel free to contact Lauren at firstname.lastname@example.org.