The Eleanor D. Wilson Museum | Hollins University

 
Our founder and benefactor, Eleanor D. Wilson

 

The Eleanor D. Wilson Museum at Hollins University features the work of renowned, emerging, and regional artists. The museum presents exhibitions in a wide variety of media and genres, including selected exhibitions from the permanent collection. Through this programming, the museum provides a forum for art through viewing, dialogue, and an understanding of the creative process. Located on the first floor of the Richard Wetherill Visual Arts Center, the museum is a state-of-the-art climate controlled facility with three interconnected galleries totaling approximately 4,000 square feet of exhibition space. The museum has a Resource Center available to students, teachers, and other patrons who are interested in furthering their study of the art in the museum’s permanent collection. It also functions as an instructional center for groups and classes, and hosts projects based on current exhibitions.

The Eleanor D. Wilson Museum is committed to educational programming that enriches both Hollins and the greater Roanoke community. Since opening in the fall of 2004, the museum has presented more than 100 exhibitions with supplementary programs including tours, lectures, workshops, gallery talks, and classroom instruction. The museum collaborates with departments across the university campus, regional arts organizations, and nationally recognized institutions. The museum also provides internships, volunteer opportunities, and courses on museum curatorial practices.

Hollins University
Eleanor D. Wilson Museum at Hollins University
P. O. Box 9679 : 8009 Fishburn Drive : Roanoke, VA 24020-1679
(540) 362-6532 • wilsonmuseum@hollins.edu
HOURS
Tues-Fri: 10 am to 4 pm
Sat: 1-5 pm
twitter facebook