“Over the past two years, we have helped 17 families through the campus community’s generosity,” said University Chaplain Jenny Call. “We have provided each family with a turkey, stuffing, rolls, dessert, and canned goods to feed four to six people.
“Many of the recipients have been connected to Hollins through past or current employment. Our students, faculty and staff have been supportive in giving food items, cash, and Kroger gift cards, and in giving their time and hearts to deliver the food.”
Call said there are several ways in which the campus community can take part in the food drive:
- Choose to sponsor a family by providing $35 to cover the cost of items to fill a box (turkey, rolls, stuffing, dessert, instant potatoes, gravy, and canned vegetables), or provide the requested food items.
- Join in with another group to co-sponsor a box of food.
- Provide a Kroger gift card or cash to purchase food items.
- Donate any of the following food items: boxed stuffing, canned vegetables, jars of gravy, boxed instant mashed potatoes.
- Help the chapel deliver food boxes on Wednesday afternoon, November 20.
To sponsor a family, donate food or cash, request a box to collect donations, or help with delivery to the families, contact duPont Chapel at 362-6603. Items may also be dropped off in the chapel or the lobby of Moody Student Center.