The 2014-15 academic year at Hollins has ended, but that doesn’t mean there won’t be lots of activity at the university during the summer months.
On June 1, work commences on a range of campus improvement projects:
- Renovations to Moody Student Center will create space for the Student Government Association and others and enable the Hollins Bookstore to move into the area presently occupied by the Private Dining Room.
- Randolph Hall will be refurbished and reopened this fall as a residence.
- The Center for Learning Excellence will move from its current location in East Building to the first floor of Wyndham Robertson Library.
- The upper porch between West Building and Botetourt Hall will be repaired.
- Concrete sealing of sidewalks will be done on Front Quad and behind East Building.
- Landscaping will be completed in the Hill House area.
Summer Term at Hollins begins June 22 and continues through July 31, featuring graduate courses in children’s book writing and illustrating, children’s literature, dance, liberal studies, playwriting, and screenwriting and film studies.
Hollinsummer, this year featuring three camps for rising ninth through 12th grade girls, takes place July 19-25 and July 26-August 1.