Hollins is partnering with some of the nation’s most selective graduate and professional programs to help qualified Hollins students pursue advanced degrees and meaningful careers in high-demand fields.
“These partnerships provide our students with a wide range of opportunities to build upon a strong undergraduate liberal arts and sciences foundation and position themselves to thrive in the fast-paced and innovative world of the 21st century.”
– Alison Ridley, Interim Vice President for Academic Programs
Hollins currently has agreements in place with:
- Carnegie Mellon University – Heinz College of Information Systems and Public Policy
- Virginia Tech College of Engineering
- Murphy Deming College of Health Sciences at Mary Baldwin University
- University of Virginia – Batten School of Public Policy
- University of Pikeville – School of Osteopathic Medicine, School of Optometry, and Coleman School of Business
- Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Middlebury Institute for International Studies at Monterey
Your Path to Top Graduate Programs
While options and requirements vary by institution and program, the partnerships feature benefits to ease your transition to graduate school:
- Guaranteed scholarships, interviews, and/or admission to certain graduate and professional programs
- Specialized programming and advising from our partner institutions
- Research opportunities at top-tier research institutions
Explore Your Options
Carnegie Mellon University – Heinz College of Information Systems and Public Policy
All Hollins graduates who are admitted to a Heinz graduate program will receive at least 30% off tuition each semester. This discount applies to up to 10 students at a time.
These programs include:
- M.S. in Information Technology
- M.S. in Information Systems and Management
- M.S. in Information Security Policy and Management
- M.S. in Public Policy and Management
- Master of Arts Management
- Master of Entertainment Industry Management
- M.S. in Healthcare Policy and Management
- M.S. in Healthcare Analytics and IT
- Master of Public Management
Contact Alison Ridley at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about the Heinz graduate programs.
Virginia Tech College of Engineering – Computer Science
Early Admission Program – students who take a computer science course sequence at Hollins will be eligible to apply to the Master of Engineering in Computer Science program at Virginia Tech as early as their junior year. All majors are encouraged to apply and explore this potential educational and career pathway.
Murphy Deming College of Health Sciences
Guaranteed Interview Program – students who meet qualifications will be guaranteed an opportunity to interview for the following programs: physician’s assistant (PA), physical therapy (PT), and occupational therapy (OT).
University of Virginia – Batten School of Leadership and Public Policy
The Master of Public Policy program at UVA focuses on solving society’s most pressing problems by cultivating
value-based leadership, teaching collaborative approaches to problem solving, and emphasizing ethics to
achieve tangible results.
- All accepted students will receive a tuition scholarship for $12,500 (Virginia residents) or $20,000 (out-of-state residents) per year.
University of Pikeville – School of Osteopathic Medicine, School of Optometry, and Coleman School of Business
Nationally renowned optometry and osteopathic medicine graduate programs, and a fully online MBA program with professional, healthcare, and entrepreneurship tracks, are this partnership’s hallmarks.
- Up to three seats a year for qualified Hollins students in the Doctor of Optometry program
- Up to three seats a year for qualified Hollins students in the Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine Early Admissions program
- Up to ten seats a year for qualified Hollins students in the MBA program
Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (VCOM)
VCOM develops community-focused, globally-minded osteopathic physicians to meet the needs of the rural and medically underserved areas and to provide research to improve human health.
Two tracks are available for Hollins students:
Rocovich Scholars’ Early Admissions Program
- Spots for up to five qualified Hollins students annually
- Accepted students commit to VCOM (and to not apply to other medical schools) in exchange for an early admission decision from VCOM
- Students apply at the end of their sophomore year for acceptance into this program
- Must have 3.5 overall GPA and 3.5 science GPA
- Must have scored 1100 or greater on SAT or 24 or greater on the ACT
- This track waives the MCAT for students with a 3.7 GPA or above
Guaranteed Interview Program
- Students apply with Hollins’ endorsement at the end of their junior year
- Must have 3.5 overall GPA and 3.5 science GPA
- Have a competitive score on the MCAT
“Hollins students have an inside track to a very competitive program. VCOM typically receives over 11,000 applications and only interviews 325 to 350 students on each of their three campuses.”
– Brian Gentry, Pre-Health Sciences advisor
For more details on any of the health science partnership programs, including full admission requirements, please contact Professor Brian Gentry at email@example.com.
Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey (MIIS)
Hollins is now in a partner institution with MIIS, which means that all Hollins graduates who apply and are admitted to a Middlebury graduate program will receive a $10,000 scholarship towards their tuition.
The following MIIS programs are included in the scholarship agreement with Hollins:
- M.A. in International Education Management
- M.A. in International Environmental Policy
- Master of Public Administration (M.P.A.)
- M.A. in International Policy and Development (I.P.D.)
- M.A. in International Trade and Economic Diplomacy
- M.A. in Nonproliferation and Terrorism Studies
- M.A. in TESOL
- M.A. in Teaching Foreign Language
- M.A. in Translation
- M.A. in Translation and Interpretation
- M.A. in Conference Interpretation
- M.A. in Translation and Localization Management
Students interested in the Middlebury partnership should contact Alison Ridley at firstname.lastname@example.org.