The Hollins QEP – Supporting Academic SUCCESS: An Integrated Approach, emphasizing the components of student well-being essential for academic success
Area One: Effectively Managing One’s Time and Setting Goals
- Student Success Leaders will offer sessions on time management and goal setting during First-Year Seminars.
- Academic Success Tutors at the Center for Learning Excellence (CLE) will offer time management and goal setting assistance in spring term.
Area Two: Learning Strategies to Overcome Obstacles and Thrive Academically
- The CLE will offer expanded services.
- Departments will hold annual department major meetings and may select senior peer advisors.
Area Three: Practicing Self-Care: Necessary Rest, Nutrition, and Physical Activity
- Physical Education activity courses will include two modules on the importance of rest, nutrition, and physical activity.
- Students will be required to take one PE activity course by the end of their third semester.
Learn more about Hollins’ Quality Enhancement Plan (PDF)