For rising 9th-12th-grade girls (advanced riders only):
Sunday, July 18 – Saturday, July 24, 2021
This equestrian camp for advanced riders offers the opportunity to learn more about hunter/jumper riding, barn management, and the care of horses from experienced college instructors. You’ll also gain knowledge and self-confidence throughout the week. Participants enjoy the outstanding equestrian amenities used by Hollins’ nationally known and award-winning riding team. The week concludes with a Saturday morning showcase and picnic farewell for parents and family members.Apply Now
$1,100 (Residential only)
- Riders interested in joining the camp must register and include a $200 deposit.
- After registration, riders must submit a skills video. The video should feature the rider completing as many of the skills on the demonstration sheet (PDF) as they are capable of performing. The coaches are happy to clarify any of the skills requested on the demonstration sheet. Contact email@example.com with additional questions.
- Videos will be evaluated and scored by the Hollins riding coaches to assess group placement based on riding level. This camp is designed for advanced-level riders, and coaches will be in touch with registrants who may be lacking the necessary skills in order to participate in the Hollinsummer program.
- If riders do not meet the skills required for Hollinsummer based on coach evaluations, the $200 deposit will be refunded.
- Campers who register and pay the nonrefundable $200 deposit by March 1 receive a 10% discount.
- B.S.,Virginia Tech
- Oversees all aspects of Hollins’ riding program, including preparing the equestrian team and individual riders for competition in the Old Dominion Athletic Conference (ODAC) and the Intercollegiate Horse Show Association (IHSA)
- Previously served as equitation instructor and equestrian coach at Virginia Tech, which she led to its highest finish ever at the IHSA National Championships
Has served in leadership positions for the IHSA, the SWVHJA, and the American National Riding Commission
Kayleigh Burke, assistant coach of riding
- B.A., Virginia Tech
- M.A., Virginia Tech
- IHSA National Championship Horse Show Sportsmanship Award (2016)
- Five IHSA National Championship Placings, including an Individual National Championship in 2016
- Previously served as assistant coach at Virginia Tech
Liz Courter, Associate director of riding
- A.A., Southern Seminary
- Riding instructor at Hollins since 1982
- Guy Burkholder Memorial Sportsmanship Award (2007)
- ODAC Coach of the Year (three times)
- Southwest Virginia Hunter/Jumper Association board of directors
Elise Roschen, Stable Manager, Assistant Director of Riding
- A.A., Southern Seminary
- Riding instructor at Hollins since 1986
- Consultant and advisor to many barns in Virginia
- Successful breeder of hunters, including the 2013 Four Year Old Champion of the International Hunter Futurity
- IHSA National Championship Horse Show Sportsmanship Award (2007)