Professor Bonnie Bowers talks about the psychology program at Hollins.
Graduate faculty are looking for students with research skills, professional presentations, and publication opportunities already in place. At Hollins University, psychology majors have a number of computers and laboratories dedicated to student research. Faculty laboratories are available for training, lab classes, and collaborative research.
- Radio-shielded rooms with state-of-the art EEG
- Neurotherapy, biofeedback, and cognitive science equipment
- Several animal labs
- Library of behavioral, cognitive, and neuropsychology assessment instruments
Psychology majors have the opportunity to present their research at Hollins’ annual Science Seminar, Virginia Psychological Association convention, and other national and regional professional conferences. They may also participate in colloquia series presented by other regional colleges and universities.
Hollins students have continued with graduate school studies in medicine; psychiatry; experimental, school, social, and clinical psychology; social work; and physical therapy. Recent graduates have been accepted at:
- University of Virginia
- University of North Carolina
- University of Connecticut
- George Mason University
- Nova Southeastern University
- University of Southern California