Find Your future at an intimate campus that brims with inspiration.
Each year, women who started their college careers elsewhere transfer to Hollins. They come for many reasons, but what they all find is a transfer admission staff dedicated to working exclusively with transfer students. Every Hollins transfer student brings a unique educational background, life experience, and story. We hope you transfer yours to Hollins.
How to Apply
- Complete the Hollins application for admission.
- Official or unofficial transcripts from every high school and college you have attended
- Your SAT or ACT score report is not required for fall 2022 applicants.
- Letter of recommendation
- Complete the online application
- Have a GPA of 2.5 or better on a 4.0 scale on all college level work
- Campus visit and interview are encouraged, but not required
- All admitted transfer students are guaranteed $20,000 annually in scholarship
- Phi Theta Kappa members receive $2,000 in renewable scholarship
- Visit campus as an admitted student and receive a one-time $500 visit grant
- Know a Hollins alumna? Ask them to submit a referral on your behalf for a one-time $500 grant.
- Information about scholarships and awards
Will my credits Transfer?
- A student will receive credit for courses taken at a regionally accredited college or university that are comparable to Hollins courses; a grade of “C” or better must be earned to receive credit.
- A Transfer Credit Evaluation (TCE) provides individualized information regarding the transfer of your credits to Hollins University. To receive a TCE, submit an official or unofficial college transcript(s) for evaluation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Virginia Community Colleges
- Are you currently pursuing an associate’s degree at one of Virginia’s community colleges? If so, please review our Transfer Module. VCCS students who complete all courses listed on the module with a grade of C or better before transfer to Hollins will arrive with all general education requirements satisfied.
- Unable to complete the Transfer Module? Reference our transfer guide to review all transferrable credits from the Virginia Community College System accepted by Hollins.
- CCAP students with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher receive $2,000 in renewable scholarship
Virginia Western Community College
Hollins guarantees admission to eligible VWCC students who complete the following A.S. degrees with a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher beginning in 2019.
- business administration
- general studies
- social sciences
- social sciences – education
Hollins and Virginia Western Community College have established Guaranteed Admission Agreements (GAA) for graduates of four Associate of Science programs from Virginia Western.
- Still have more questions about how your credits will transfer? Contact us at email@example.com.
Hollins grants four credits for a score of 4 or 5 on the College Board Advanced Placement Tests.
A student who is enrolled in high school and an accredited college or university will receive Hollins credit if all of the following conditions are met:
- Hollins offers a comparable course
- The college or university course is recorded on an official college transcript
- The student earns at least a C in the course
Transfer credits will be considered for CLEP (College Level Examination Program) on an individual basis for examinations if Hollins offers a comparable course.
Hollins awards college credit to students who have received an International Baccalaureate diploma with a score of 30 or higher. Students must also have no score less than four in any one of the six examination groups.