When is Reunion?
Reunion is Friday, May 27 – Sunday, May 29, 2022.
Why is Reunion taking place over Memorial Day weekend?
Roanoke is host to the Iron Man triathlon for the next four years and this city-wide event takes place June 3-6, 2022. This event brings in athletes and their families from all over the world and has a significant impact on the capacity of our area restaurants and hotels, resulting in scarce availability and exceptionally high room rates. Additionally, Hollins is a supporter of the event and our beautiful campus is the site for volunteers throughout the event.
What class years are celebrating Reunion 2022?
- Everyone is invited to return to campus for Reunion.
- This year’s reunion will especially celebrate the classes ending in 2s and 7s plus 1s and 6s, and the 0s and 5s.
- The classes of 2018, 2019, and 2020 will be celebrating their second, third, and fourth-year reunions!
How will you handle the large number of attendees?
- Campus is spread-out! We are hoping to take advantage of as many outdoor opportunities to gather as possible
- We will have extra alumnae/i volunteers and students on hand to staff the event and support reunion attendees.
- Campus housing will be available for alumnae/i only in an effort to make campus housing available for anyone who would like to stay in the dorms.
Will I be required to show proof of vaccination?
At the present time, our Culture of Care 2.0 requires all campus visitors to be vaccinated and boosted, and for groups greater than 50 to wear masks while inside. At this time, we do not anticipate this changing for Reunion.
You will be required to submit a copy of your vaccination card at the time of registration.
Can unvaccinated children attend Reunion activities?
This pandemic has been difficult to navigate and we are proud that we have prioritized the well-being and safety of our community. Given that reunion is a multi-generational event we feel it imperative to continue our Culture of Care philosophy which has enabled us to have successful on-campus teaching and learning with exceptionally low rates of infection from COVID-19. At this time, due to the requirement for vaccinations to participate in reunion activities, unvaccinated children, including those who are ages 0-5 are not presently permitted to attend reunion. We are continuing to monitor the changing landscape of this pandemic and we are keeping a list of those who are interested in bringing children. If you’d like to be added to the list and kept up to date on the plans, email email@example.com with your name and the ages of your children.
What about masks?
Hollins is committed to keeping our alumnae/i and community safe and healthy and, in compliance with CDC guidelines, we will require that masks be worn during events taking place indoors with more than 50 people in attendance.
When and where is Friday night dinner?
Friday evening will be a fun celebration for all classes. New this year, we will celebrate with decade parties on campus for dinner Friday evening.
Is babysitting available at Reunion this year?
Where can I park?
Click here to view the campus map and parking details.
Will class fundraising continue?
- Yes! The Hollins Fund is critical to our success this year! We hope you will support your class and Hollins by making a gift today.
- Fundraising awards will be limited to the classes ending in 2s and 7s this year.
Where can I find a Reunion schedule?
How will I know where my class is staying?
Due to the anticipated volume of Reunion 2022, on campus housing is limited to alumnae/i only. Room blocks at area hotels have been reserved.
Do I have to stay on campus for Reunion?
No. See hotel information page.
Are my guests/children allowed to stay with me on campus?
Due to the anticipated number of alumnae/i returning, campus housing is limited to alumnae/i only.
What hotels are close to Hollins University?
See hotel information page.