I teach business and finance courses, in particular, corporate finance, investments, international finance, and strategic management. I taught at universities in the United States and Europe prior to coming to Hollins in the spring of 2000. My research interests include the economic and political transformation of East-central Europe, European economic integration, economic history of Poland, the stock market, and Catholic social teaching. I have extensively published in English and my native Polish. My papers appeared in The Wall Street Journal, Contemporary European History, Journal of Economic Issues, Panoeconomicus, The Cato Journal, The Independent Review, Krakow International Studies, Review of Business, Warsaw East European Review, Międzynarodowy Przegląd Polityczny, Arcana, Ethos and Kontakt. I also contributed chapters to five monographs. My short pieces regularly appear in major Polish national weeklies, Gazeta Polska and Idziemy. I presented numerous papers at professional conferences in the United States and Europe. I also serve as a paper reviewer in peer-reviewed journals.
Areas of Expertise
- Economic and political transformation of East-central Europe
- European economic integration
- Economic history of Poland
- Stock market
- Catholic social teaching
- Corporate Finance
- International Finance
- International Business
- Senior Seminar in Business
- Ph.D., Fordham University
- M.A., Academy of Economics, Krakow, Poland
Publications & Articles
- Dadak, C. and R. Matkovskyy. “An American-style Transfer Union in Europe, A First Glance at How Much It Might Cost.” Journal of Economic Issues, vol. 52, issue 3, 2018 (forthcoming).
- Dadak, K. “Price of Aggression: The Impact of Sanctions on the Russian Economy,” Warsaw East European Review, vol. 6, 2016, pp. 151-161.
- Dadak, C. “National Heritage and Economic Policies in Free and Sovereign Poland after 1918,” Contemporary European History, vol. 21, no. 2, 2012, pp. 193-214.
- Dadak, C. “Political Economy of the Euro Area Crisis,” Panoeconomicus, vol. 58, issue 5, 2011, pp. 593-604.
- Dadak, C. “The Case for Foreign Ownership of Farmland in Poland,” Cato Journal, vol. 24, no. 3, 2004, pp. 277-294.